Friday, February 18, 2011

'Gypsy Diary- Entry #1

I first heard about the Juggling Gypsy back when I was in my junior year of high school. I had been teaching myself bellydance and was starting to get very interested in fire dance. A friend told me about the belly/fire dance troupe of Wilmington called Vatra Gitana. While looking at their site she mentioned that they performed at a hookah bar. Thus I was introduced to the Gypsy. I wanted to attend a Fire and Drums Thursday as soon as I saw it on their events page. I finally managed to get down there for the first time sometime in the late summer of '09. Some drummers showed up but no fire dancers. I didn't get to return again due to multiple contraindicators in my life... from parents to school early the next day, to not having car... Until January of this year. I now try to attend at least every Thursday Fire and Drums night. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment