Go.
I moved into my new room on January 4th. The day of the New Moon (and a Solar Eclipse for half the world), I thought it fitting to start off new on this day. New house, new room mates, new responsibilities, new freedoms. My room is still under construction as far as organization (I have yet to find a dresser..) and decoration (.. I keep forgetting to get thumbtacks to hang up my scarves and posters). I will be beginning a Surfer Mag mural (again, I used to have one in my old room last year).
Another fitting occasion for the New Moon was to begin my New Year's Resolution: to finally go vegetarian. I will still be eating sea food on occasion. I am cutting out all other meat products, trying to switch over to all non-dairy substitutes when available (rice-milk cheese slices are amazing), will be buying local eggs, and will try to keep my meals at least 50% raw (in the spring/summer I hope to increase that to at least 75%). Last night I made pasta with traditional sauce in a jar, seasoning, faux ground beef, and raw mushroom slices as a topping all over whole wheat penne noodles.
I also began my French class yesterday. My teacher is from Russia with a French accent developed over years of immersion and speaking French. So far so good.



No comments:
Post a Comment